Oh, I beg to differ!
I really would like to think she is this dumb. From The Hill:
Democrats haven’t necessarily gotten the credit they’re due for the work they’ve done the last two years, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said…
“You have all those forces at work, pouring millions of millions of dollars into the media, and now into the campaigns to mischaracterize everything that we did,” Pelosi said in an interview with Politics Daily, video of which was posted Monday. “So that’s that. It’s up to us to go out there. I’m very confident; our members know why they voted for what they did.
“But you’re right, we haven’t really gotten the credit for what we have done, but we will take it to the voters and have a Democratic majority to follow through on it,” the Speaker added.
Pelosi either has a bad case of denial or she is back up to her dirty rhetorical tricks. My vote for the latter. Here are a few items on the laundry list that Americans will be giving the Democrats credit for on November 2nd:
– TARP (under Bush, but also under a Democrat majority Congress)
– GM bailout
– Stimulus packages (how many again?)
– ObamaCare (and wasting a year to pass it)
– Financial reform
– States and unions bailouts
– Drilling moratorium (Although she didn’t vote on it, she didn’t work to remove it)
– Refusal to extend all of the Bush tax cuts
– Historical surge in spending leading to record high deficits and debt