Perry may have been a little embarrassed by his debate flub, but it ain’t stopping him from fighting on. Yesterday he made the media rounds to convince voters that while he may have forgotten the Department of Energy he has not forgotten his conservative principles.
In an attempt to capitalize on the increased media attention Perry’s website now cleverly asks, “What part of the Federal Government would you like to forget about the most?” Perry’s top three choices are the first ones listed. For me it was a tough choice between the DOEs, but I chose Education.
Perry also made an appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman – to give the Top Ten Rick Perry Excuses. Click here for a video link (the best I could find).
10. “Actually there were three reasons I messed up last night. One was the nerves, two was the headache and three was, and three, uh, uh. Oops.”
9. “I don‘t know what you’re talking about. I think things went well.”
8. “Hey, I was up late last night watching ‘Dancing With the Stars.’”
7. “I thought the debate was tonight.”
6. “Hey, listen. You try concentrating with Mitt Romney smiling at you. That is one handsome dude.”
5. “Uh, el nino?”
4. “I had a five-hour energy drink six hours before the debate.”
3. “I really hoped to get on my favorite talk show, but instead I ended up here.”
2. “Hey, I wanted to help take the heat off my buddy Herman Cain.”
1. “I just learned Justin Bieber is my father.”
There is no doubt that Perry has a good sense of humor. But while everyone can experience a little forgetfulness from time to time and anything is possible in politics it seems like more than a long shot for Perry to make a last minute comeback.
Since we are on the subject of political gaffes here is one of many made by Obama that was unreported by the MSM:
Flashback: Obama’s teleprompter goes out: